Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Good Stuff about WidgetBucks

All of the testing that I’ve been doing with WidgetBucks ad units have been on product related blogs where I think they have a much greater chance of performing well than on blog with other topics. I’ve been running it in a ’split test’ with Chitika ads in one position (ie 50% of the time I display a Chitika ad unit and 50% a WidgetBucks unit) and to this point the WidgetBucks ad is earning more on a CPM basis than the Chitika unit (it’s still early days on that test though). The CTR is higher on the WidgetBucks ad but the click value is higher on the Chitika ads. I’ve also done split tests with AdSense and found that WidgetBucks out performed them also. As a result of all this - I’m earning more with WidgetBucks than I would have with ads in the same positions as with either Chitika and AdSense (and considering that they are my two biggest earners that’s pretty good). I suspect CTR is higher because of the animation in the ads which draws the eye to them. WidgetBucks have been adding new ad unit sizes and categories. They’ve also announced that they’ll be adding more options in the weeks ahead. Reporting is good (although having the delay/auditing does make it difficult to test and tweak ads)

No comments: